tirsdag den 14. februar 2012

14th of February

I have a confession. I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. In fact I think it's pretty silly. One might even say that I dislike it.
It's not so much the fact that it's another American tradition that seems to have spread to every part of the world. It's not even that I'm not romantic or sentimental, on the contrary. It takes nothing to bring tears to my eyes and I love getting presents.
But the thought of rereiving flowers and/or chocolate from my loved one because someone (a florist, maybe?) decided that today is an important day almost makes me sick.

But in my family we do celebrate February 14th, we celebrate because it truly is an important day! Today is the day Dagmar was born, my dear little niece. She will be 2 years old today.

Happy Birthday, Dagmar!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar